Home: Products: Plugins: Gossamer Links Plugins: Paid Plugins: Add_RandImage
This plugin basically is a way to try and stop people from spamming your site directory with rubbish. Each user must manually visit the site, and enter an 8 letter (random) string. If they enter this incorrectly, it will not let them submit their link. This has been proven to stop spam submissions from robots, submission software etc, by up to 90%. It is basically the same kind of technology that AltaVista.com use.
- Gossamer Links 3.0+
- GD perl module for image generation.
- Ability to define the number of characters you want to use (i.e setting to "7" would use 7 random characters)
- Ability to define the image width
- Ability to define the image height
- Language defined variables, instead of being hard-coded.