Home: Products: Plugins: Gossamer Links Plugins: Paid Plugins: DMOZ_Wizard
This plug-in aims to make importing from DMOZ much easier. Simply choose the categories you want to import, press the button, log in via SSH/Telnet, and type in a couple of commands (given to you after running the script generation part of the plugin).
I originally wrote this Plugin for myself, but soon realised how much more use it would be to other LinksSQL users. Basically, what this plugin does is write about 7-8 commands for each category Dump. This makes the whole import process go faster, because you don't have to sit there manually and painstakingly type out all the messages. Imagine, for 4 categories, it would require about 28-30 commands. As you can imagine, this takes a long time to do. Using this plugin, it minimizes it to 2 commands (which are given to you right after the .cgi script has been built).
So, in short, this Plugin writes a .cgi script, which you then run from Telnet/SSH to do the complete import (from downloading the content.rdf.u8.gz file, to repairing the database count after the installs).
Please note, if you are purchasing a "site license", this entitles you to upto 4 installations of this Plugin. A normal licence, is only valid on one site, and if people are found breaching the license agreement, we may revoke their support (proof is needed).
- Links SQL 2.1+
- UNIX Type Server
- SSH/Telnet Access
- Unicode::MapUTF8 Perl Module
- LWP::Simple Perl Module
- At least 2Gb of free space (for downloading, decompressing etc of the content.rdf.u8.gz RDF file)
- Now supports non-english categories, such as spanish, french, german, etc. Please note, it DOES NOT SUPPORT ARABIC, JAPANESE OR CHINESE new.
- Option to send email after slicing/import...
- Option to download a remote .sql file, to place in database...
- Option to execute a local .sql file, to place in database...
- Ability to clean database before an import...
- Ability to backup the database before an import...
- Choice of importing 'Top' categories, or a selection of your own choice.
- Option to check if the category in question exists.
- ..and more.