Home: Products: Plugins: Gossamer Links Plugins: Paid Plugins: 2.2.x Version: GetScreenshot
This plugin uses a tool called "khtml2png". This is a UNIX based program, which uses an X-Server to grab screenshots of website, listed in your LinksSQL directory. Please note, Xserver and khtml2png are REQUIRED for this plugin. If its not working on your server to start with, we can NOT be held responsible for installing it / setting it up correctly for you (if you need help with the plugin itself, then thats fine ... but the system services must be running correctly). Please check with your host, before purchasing this plugin. Thanks :)
- Either a dedicated server, or permission to run khtml2png on your server. (details)
- LinksSQL 2.2.0
- A working x-server
- khtml2png, setup on your server (and working)
- You'll need to know the path to your VNC server, as well as the path to khtml2png, and the other required modules.
- When you modify a link, its re-added to the list of URL's that need a screenshot made.
- When a link is validated, it is added to the generation list, ready to have a screenshot taken.
- When a link is deleted, the associated image is also removed for you (to save space)
- When adding a link in the "ADMIN", the screenshot is automatically assigned to the list (this is not the case of a user adding a link via add.cgi, as its done when the link is actually validated, to try and save you CPU power)
- Error List (links that couldn't have a screenshot, for whatever reason)
- Success List - See how quick the process is running, and the last link worked with.
- Manual Add option, where you just type in an ID/list of ID numbers.
- View The Current Queue list.
- ...and more...
- Batch support (add, for example, 200 URL's at a time)